Bachelor of Science:
PO 1. The B. Sc. Programme develops scientific temperament and attitude among the science graduates.
PO 2. The qualities of a science – observation, precision, analytical mind, logical thinking, clarity of thought and expression, systematic approach, qualitative and quantitative decision making are enlarged.
PO 3. The program also empowers the graduates to appear for various competitive examinations or choose the post graduate programme of their choice .
PO 4. This programme train the learners to extract information, formulate and solve problems in a systematic and logical manner.
PO 5. This programme enables the learners to perform the jobs in diverse fields such as science, engineering, industries, survey, education, banking, development-planning, business, public service, self business etc. efficiently.
Program Specific Outcomes
1. Identifying different resources helpful for human life.
2. Identifying different groups of plants
3. Acquiring knowledge about inheritance, biochemical and metabolic activities.
4. Development of horticultural skill.
5. Acquiring knowledge about importance of environment.
Course Outcomes B.Sc –I Sem- I Diversity and applications of microbes and cryptogams. (Algae, Fungi, Bryophytes and Pteridophytes.)
1 Developing interest in plant diversity.
2 Developing skill of identification of Algae, Fungi and Bryophytes.
3 Creating interest in biological industry.
B.Sc –I SEM-II- Gymnosperm, Angiosperm and utilization of plants
1. Economic and biological importance of Gymnosperm.
2. Inculcating identification skills for morphological and anatomical characteristics
3. Developing the interest of flowering plants
4. Diversity in vascular plant.
5. Characters of vascular plants and classification of plants.
6. External & internal characters of plants.
7. Acquiring basic knowledge about biochemical, physiological mechanism in
8. Imparting knowledge of Horticulture.
B.Sc –II SEM- III -Diversity in vascular plants. B.Sc –II Paper IV -
Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms, Angiosperms and Anatomy.
The student can understand the knowledge about
B.Sc –I Paper IV- Cytology, Genetics and utilization of plants.
B.Sc –II PaperVIII- Cytogenetic and utilization of plants.
Students should be able to know
1. Structure of cell.
2. Types of organisms and characteristics.
3. History, distribution, structure and functions of different cell organelles,
4. Transmission of character
6. Resource of plants to fulfill the basic needs.