The Department of Zoology
Bachelor of Science:
PO 1. The B. Sc. Programme develops scientific temperament and attitude among the science graduates.
PO 2. The qualities of a science – observation, precision, analytical mind, logical thinking, clarity of thought and expression, systematic approach, qualitative and quantitative decision making are enlarged.
PO 3. The program also empowers the graduates to appear for various competitive examinations or choose the post graduate programme of their choice .
PO 4. This programme train the learners to extract information, formulate and solve problems in a systematic and logical manner.
PO 5. This programme enables the learners to perform the jobs in diverse fields such as science, engineering, industries, survey, education, banking, development-planning, business, public service, self business etc. efficiently.
B. Sc. ZOOLOGY
Program Specific Outcomes
1. Improving the knowledge about criteria for animal classification.
2. Study of salient features of chordates and non-chordates.
3. Improving the knowledge of animals about their special adaptations and evolutionary relationship.
4. Scientific study of their nature of habitant with environment.
5. Improving information about external morphology and anatomy of animals including human being.
B.Sc.I. ( Sem.I) Animal Diversity and Non Chordata- Paper I
1. Understanding the arrangement of organism or groups of organism in distinct categories in accordance with particular & well established plan.
2. Explanation of unity in diversity of organism.
3. Studying specific & scientific names to organism.
4. Collecting information about useful and harmful animals, helps in understanding the nature of habitant.
B.Sc.I. ( SEM-II) CELL BIOLOGY AND DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY.
1. Understanding the structure and function of cell & cell organelles , to study animal tissue to improve knowledge about genetic information, it study how organism evolve from a single cell division, get knowledge about unicellular & multi-cellular organisms
2. Understanding normal function of cell, organ or tissue.
3. Study of structure function, molecular organization, growth, reproduction and genetics of cell.
B.Sc. II (SEM-III) Evolution & Genetics And Life and Diversity of Chordata
1. Study of chemistry within living organisms.
2. Study of chordata in detail
3. Study of evolutionary processess
B.Sc. II (SEM IV)- Ecology And Genetics
1. Improving environmental component such as biotic and biotic factors.
2. Study of how each organism interlock with one another.
3. Perceiving prey predator relationship, study interrelationship of different organisms, to know about distribution of organism with reference to the geographical conditions, to improve knowledge related to undesirable change in physical, chemical or biological characteristics.
4. Study of tropic level of food chain.
5. Understanding evolutionary history of certain animals, study their sericulture which is one of the longest agro industries & silk is used in the manufacture of woven materials.
B.Sc. III SEM-V- Animal Physiology and Economic Zoology
1. Improving proper knowledge about histology of animal tissue, organ, understanding physiology of animals including external features & internal features used in pathology lab for detecting malfunction which leads to disorders, physiology useful for study of normal function of body plan for their molecular level.
2. Enhancing the knowledge about respiration, circulation, Muscle and Nerve physiology.
3. Commercial exploitation of zoology providing the business opportunity to students e.g. Apiculture, Sericulture, Aquaculture.
B.Sc.III SEM-VI- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
1. To improve the understanding about the structure, function and makeup of the molecular building blocks of life.
2. Study the molecular basis of biological activity between biomolecules in the systems of cell.
3. Biotechnology is most important for its implications in health and medicine.
® All Rights Reserved © Copyright 2021 Smt. Sindhutai Jadhao Arts & Science Mahavidyalaya, Mehkar.